Thursday, April 2, 2009

girls vs guys!

Once again, we argue over the topic of gender in class today. I thought "When It Changed" was a VERY feminist story!!! How come women can live and reproduce on its own while men cannot? I understand why the men would want to invade the women planet because most men are like aggressive and they think that women aren't strong enough to take care of a planet and live on its own. I think it is also because of loneliness that men would want to invade the women planet. I don't know about women, but i think men get lonely overtime without women.... This story shows readers how independent women can be. It shows us how women can live and reproduce happily on its own without men and to me, that is a great accomplishment considering how unfairly they were treated back then. I think a lot of women in our society would like to live in that world where there is only women and no men. They would go shopping and gossip without having to worry about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment